Shrimp coconut curry


I love sea food soo much but my hubby doesnt..so Seafood in my kitchen is once in a while..Compare to fish he is ok with the shrimp...I like the smaller shrimp compare to the larger one...here the people like the larger one but for indian dishes the smaller one will be tasty..I usally make shrimp without any coconut...but this time tried it in a different way along with adding some coconut..I am kind of person who wont stick with the same recepies..I like to try new recepies everytime...Even if I am seeing recepies from tv/net I will make some modification..I wont follow in the same way..you know what that will sometime will turn to be big hit and sometimes na..na..

you need:

1.shrimp-1/2 lb(small)
2.onion-1 big(diced finely)
3.turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
4.green chillies-2
5.coriander powder-1+1/2 tbsp
6.pepper-1tsp
7.oil-2tbsp

to grind:

1.red chillies-5
2.zeera seed-1/2 tsp
3.mustard seed-1/2 tsp
4tomato-1 big(chopped)

for spluttering

1.cinnamon,Elachi,staranise-as per your choice
Method:
1.In a wide pan add some oil and add the items for spluttering..once it started spluterring.
2.Add the onion once it is translucent add the turmeric powder.
3.Add the gridned items,grenn chillies , pepper powder, coriander powder.
4.once the oil oozes out add some water and add the shrimp.
5.Let it cook for few mnts..
6.Finish it of with nicely chopped coriander leaves..
Simple huh..Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment