Spinach bisibelebath


This is my test recepie it turns out really good..I love spinach so much..I tried to make all sort of Dishes using spinach.. I started cravings for bisibelebath..I checked my refrigerator,,,There is not any suitable vegetable for making bisi..Then I got an idea of making like an spinach bisi..The end result was very good.. I almost used one full bag of spinach.It turns out into one healthy food..
You need:
1.Spinach-1 bag
2.rice-1+1/2 cup
3.Toor dhal-3/4 cup
4.onion-1(medium finely chopped)
5.Tomato-1(Medium finely chopped)
6.sambar powder-1 tbsp
7.tamrind -1 lemon size(Make the extract)
8.turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
9.ghee-3bsp
5.water-1+4cups


To Roast and grind


1.dry chillies-4
2.channa dhal-1tbsp
3.coriander-1+1/2 tbsp
4.grated coconut-2tbsp
5.pepper-1/2 tsp
6.cumin-1/2tsp
7.cinnamon-1" piece
8.cloves-2
9.methi seeds-1/4 tsp

Method

1.cook the toor dhal,onion,tomato and spinach with salt water and turmeric powder in a cooker.
2.once it is cooked add the sambar powder,grinded paste,rice and tamrind to it.
3.Add water mix it well and cook it for 3 whistles.
4.once it is done add the ghee and place it in a low flame for 3-4 mnts.
Have it with pappadam.

note:
I used extra ghee to it once in a while it is OK..

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment